I’ve bought a lot of clothes this month. I do think it was a good mix of things I needed and impulse buys. I also went down to visit my parents for a couple of weeks and a lot of the impulse buys happened then – thrift prices are so much cheaper in AZ! I also made a visit to Nordstrom Last Chance (which I love) and bought several pairs of shoes…
- Strappy silk blouse – this was an impulse buy, but I have a hard time resisting pretty silk shells.
- Sleeveless blouse – another impulse buy, but I’ve been wanted a navy sleeveless top and this fits wonderfully
- Bandeau (similar) – I’ve been looking for something to wear under my lower cut tops that wouldn’t be as warm as a full camisole. I sized way up so that it would fit over my regular strapless bra.
- Slips (this and this) – I wear a lot of skirt and dresses. I already have several slips, but I needed slightly longer tan and black ones.
- Purse (similar) – I usually have a winter purse and a summer purse that I rotate throughout the year. I bought a new winter purse last year and had to get a new summer one because my old one was developing holes.
- Button down shirt (similar in grey) – I know I always go on about how much I dislike my button downs, but really, I think I just don’t like collars. This one has a banded collar and a lovely bright print so I think it will actually get worn.
- Sleeveless silk blouse – another impulse buy, but it’s such a soft silk.
- Black strapless dress – this is a lovely cotton/silk blend (it has clearly been a warm spring and I’m day dreaming about how gross and hot summer is going to be. I need more breezy clothes!). This dress is somewhat over sized (I needed more length and chest room than the dress that fit my waist would have provided) but I should be able to make it perfect with easy alterations (something like this tutorial)
- Grey cotton tank dress – lovely cotton that is thick enough to not show all my undergarments. It had this ugly ruff around the back neckline but that was super easy to remove
- Light sweater dress (gap outlet) – this was on super clearance and is a lovely light knit that will be perfect spring/fall (once I’m back in OR). The stripes are adorable
- Navy blue cardigan (gap outlet) – I already own a heavy-ish, longer navy cardigan, so this was very much an impulse buy due to super clearance. It will be nice to have another for rotation so I don’t wear the other one (which I like more) out.
- Olive linen/silk dress (j jill) – impulse buy due to the ridiculous hot weather in Phoenix. This is magically machine washable, which I love. Not the most adorable on the hanger, but lovely on.
- Cotton floral skirt (ann taylor) – another weather caused impulse buy. It’s so hot I want to wear nothing but cotton/linen/silk. I have no idea how people stand to wear polyester when it’s 90+ out.
- Adorable black flat mary janes (these) – these are lovely soft leather and are very comfy. However, now I want them in silver.
Really, all the clothing purchases were pretty much impulse buys.
I also had my winter wools dry cleaned before they were stored away for the season, so that was a good piece of my clothing-related budget (dry cleaning and tailoring are added to my budget because I think it’s important for me to remember that my clothing purchases sometimes cost more than just the price on the tag)